Monday, September 21, 2009

Boy or Girl? Cast your Vote

Today we are 21 weeks and have our big ultrasound coming up on Friday. We will be able to see our little person moving around and get all of his/her measurements checked out. We are finding out if it's a boy or a girl (assuming the baby cooperates with us). As long as s/he's healthy, we have no preference, but are excited to get to know our little bean a little bit better and it will help narrow down the names we have floating around in our heads.

There's a poll on the sidebar so that you can vote what you think we are having.

Here are some hints:

Carrying high/low : I have no idea! The baby is already filling most of my torso so maybe high and low?

Heartbeat : They say heartbeats 140 and below are boys, higher than 140, girls. Our baby's heartbeat has consistently been between 140-145.

Face Shape: One tale says that if mom's face is round, full and rosy, it's a girl. So far my face is a little bit rounder, but I don't think I have a pregnancy glow.

Pendant : Hold a pendant over your hand - back and forth is a boy, circular is a girl. Mine went back and forth.

Intuition : depends on the week.

Chinese Gender Chart: a girl. see it here.


Take all of those with a grain of salt, but cast your vote!

2 comments:

becca said...

if you sqeeze the sides of your chin together, do you get a pronounced line down the center? Because if you do, your firstborn will be a boy. Supposedly.

Karlene said...

Coming from someone with baby heartbeat experience...I was told Zach was a girl...his heartbeat was very high my whole pregnancy...the day I gave birth to him...he came out and the doctor said its a boy and I said what??? I was told it was a girl be/c of the heartbeat. It didn't make a difference just so you know!!! Oh and my friend's uncle does the pencil test and he was right both times for them.