Monday, September 21, 2009

End of Summer

The past 6 weeks have gone by so quickly. As I turned the corner on pregnancy sickness, Justin and I decided to dive right back into life. Instead of boring you with all the details, I'll just share some highlights.

We went to visit my cousins in Vermont - one of my favorite places ever. They live in an old farmhouse on lots of land. We played games with my little cousins, swam and visited a skate park (my first time ever). Justin and I went off by ourselves to spend time in Burlington and check out the Champlain Islands, which were amazing. Mary and Matt are the best hosts ever! They always welcome us with open arms and an open kitchen. It's been great to see them pursue the life they want and every time we come home, I have a renewed desire to move to New England. All of us went to check out a bluegrass night at a great coffee shop/ bakery/ bar and we went blueberry picking - loved eating blueberries right off the bush :-) For all these good reasons (and more), Vermont has become our go to vacation spot. I can't wait to bring the baby up there for the first time - hopefully in the fall so we can see all the leaves changing.

Bandit relaxing in the water after a short hike. I call this his hippo pose.


Blueberries Galore



Other highlights include a great Labor Day BBQ in West Philly, spending time with good friends at Honey's and North Bowl, having the house to ourselves again, and preparing for this baby who will be here sooner than we realize.

More on baby stuff later - possibly including a poll.

No comments: