We had one of the best Christmases ever this year. My brother and sister-in-law came over on Christmas Eve day to say hello and exchange some gifts. It was so nice to see them and hang out with them for a couple hours. There's a little bit of an age gap between us, so I feel like I don't know them as well as I would like to. (And we definitely don't see them as much as I'd like to). But the other day we found out that we like a lot of the same TV shows - and if you know anything about us, it's that we love good tv shows.
Christmas was nice as we continued to form our own Donner-McCullough traditions. Justin woke up Bandit and me at 7am!!! He was so ready to go downstairs and open presents. So that's what we did - his family, my mom and I all chipped in to get him an Xbox and he was like Ralphie when he finally opened his red rider bb gun. After opening all the presents, we each picked something we wanted to do - that's what Justin's family does and we both like doing that. Justin picked watching A Christmas Story and I picked playing Scattegories. And then Justin started playing Dragon Age and I read my new book by Susie Essman.
We headed over to my cousin Rose's house for Christmas dinner. It had been three years since we had Christmas dinner with my family and it was so nice to see everyone together. Whether it's my age, or my hormones, or something completely different, I've really started to appreciate family in a way that I never have before. They have always been wonderful and supportive and awesome people, but now I'm seeing them in a whole new light. I love my cousins so much and all of their kids (last night there were 6 running around - ages 2-12 and that's only 6 out of the 20 in our clan). I feel like we are so lucky and blessed to have such great family somewhat near us when we have our baby. Next year, it'll be fun to see our little girl crawling around after everyone.
To top off the evening, we decided to stop by some friends' house to have drinks and dessert. Everyone there feels like second family in a way and we don't see them nearly enough either (a trend in our lives?). We had so much fun watching you tube videos, eating green goop, talking baby stuff and whatever else we talked about. These are our first and longest mutual friends that we've had, which is crazy to think about. We finally rolled home at 1 A.M. and went to sleep.
It really was pretty perfect.
2 comments:
sounds really nice! we're enjoying our colorado christmas too... we're playing around with the idea of staying home next year, what with the baby and all... and that will be fun too but colorado is just such a winter wonderland! see you soon. xoxo
That's so awesome Rosie, so glad you such an awesome Christmas!!
Post a Comment