Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hazel Mae McCullough Donner

Welcome to the World!
Born February 20, 2010; 7:55 a.m.; 6 lbs. 11 oz.; 19 inches long

We love the name Hazel - the way it sounds and looks, but also the reference to Julian of Norwich*
Mae was my aunt's name and, in many ways, a second mother to me.

We are so excited for Miss Hazel to finally be with us and can't believe that she is already 2 weeks old! Stay tuned for her birth story...

Her first Picture


On the bili-lights


Sucking Daddy's finger


Sleeping peacefully

*"In this vision he showed me a little thing, the size of a hazelnut, and it
was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and
thought "What may this be?" And it was generally answered thus: "It is all that is
made." I marvelled how it might last, for it seemed it might suddenly have
sunk into nothing because of its littleness. And I was answered in my
understanding: "It lasts and ever shall, because God loves it."
- Julian of Norwich

6 comments:

pauline said...

I was JUST reading Julian again- we are talking about her at st. marks during lent and I love the part about the hazelnut. nicely done!

cassie haw said...

oh, i love that so much. it makes me love the name hazel even more than i already do.

leann (gorman) wood said...

rose, she looks just perfect. i can't wait to meet her!

Amy said...

So precious!! Congratulations, Hazel is a beautiful name. Love those pictures of your sweet little baby.

ae_bonnie_lass said...

hi hazel! you are very cute. did you get my package yet? i want to come see you. when is a good time?

love,
cecilia

ps: i have never felt more like an auntie than when i knew you were born, and trust me, there have been a lot of babies out there lately.

becca said...

She's so beautiful rose!!!


(PS - I tagged you: http://regardingbecca.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-10-years.html )