In February, Justin and I decided that we wanted to start trying for a mini-we. We've always done natural family planning and not always the best way, but we've never really had an uh-oh moment. Many of our friends had some of those and now have toddlers running around. So naturally we came to the conclusion that we were most likely infertile - based on nothing but good luck and some blood work I had done last year. So when we decided to try, neither of us believed it would happen anytime soon. We were thinking maybe 8 months to a year.
And so it began: legs up on pillows, keeping track of ovulation and other good stuff (I'll leave out those details). The first two months - nothing, negative tests and the promise of a new month. But the third month was a shock. I didn't really think it was our month to conceive. In fact, I only took the test because it was testing time. So Justin and Bandit slept while I watched our test turn into a Big Fat Positive right away. Of course I went in to wake up Justin and show him the good news and this was his reaction:
Bandit looked super unsure about all of this information. After all, he is spoiled and loved rotten.
We decided to keep things under wraps until we were at this point. We couldn't keep it from a few friends and shared a little with parents, but otherwise, we tried to pretend everything was same old - except I wasn't drinking and I felt nauseous/ beyond tired/ about to throw up at least 18 hours a day.
Even with all of the sickness, the past couple months have been incredible. Both Squirmer and I have been in a state of incubation - S. to grow and myself to sit with all the changes that come with pregnancy and impending motherhood. I have felt a connection with S. from the beginning and have wondered what s/he will be like. As incredible as it was to hear the heartbeat last week, it was even more amazing to see Squirmer on the ultrasound today, moving around, waving and just hanging out. A friend of ours told me to drink some juice to get the little one going and it worked! S. barely stayed still for measurements :-)
After 2 months of keeping S. a secret, I have loved sharing our news with people. We have been surrounded by so much love and excitement. So thank you all! I'm looking forward to sharing our journey with our families, bio and beyond.
kick back and relax
Ready to meet us around February 7th, 2010.

3 comments:
Congratulations (again!) you will be such a great mom!
i am so excited to hear about this. congratulations!
Again, congratulations! And about the dog... somehow the pets always know. It sure looks like Bandit understands something is different now.
Post a Comment