Saturday morning rolled around, so I sat with my cup of tea and copy of Gene Robinson. Last minute, I decided to go on my first Beer By Bike ride. Justin goes regularly, but I had never gone. I've always been too intimidated by the weather, or the length of the ride, or the thought of not having a good time. But Earth Brewery is in Germantown (not too too far) and the weather was gorgeous.
I rode with Jesse and Dane to the Art Museum where we met up with about ten other people. Setting out with the sun shining down upon us, I took a deep breath and stepped out of my comfort zone. I didn't know anybody too well and I hadn't been on a bike ride since last summer.
The long and short of it: I had a great time. The hills kicked my butt, I got separated on the way there and the way back, but I also had great beer and great food, with a side of great company and conversation.
I'm not sure if I'll do it again or not, but we'll see.
1 comment:
I'm really glad you came! I'm sorry we lost you, I always try to make sure that no one is dropped. You should totally come out again!
Post a Comment