Our friend Andrea has a friend at a factory in Camden who is more than happy to give her empty, clean, food grade barrels. I picked up a barrel on Friday and yesterday, we put it together. It's really not that hard. We did this, and it took us a few hours, mainly because we have downspout problems. Overall, it was a fun time and a beautiful afternoon spent in our yard.
It rained sometime early this morning, so I checked the barrel when I took Bandit outside. It is FULL. from a few hours of rain, we have 55 gallons of water to use. Now the only problem is that I'm not sure what to do with it. Our plants have been watered from the rain, and our car doesn't really need a wash. Let me know if you have any ideas.
3 comments:
rose-this looks awesome!! tray and i want to make one, so i'll be asking for advice.
post some work-in-progress photos of your quilt! are you going to hand quilt it?
you're cute.
love the rain barrel!!!!
oh I love it!!!! ---------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avzQAH0nf6U
Post a Comment