This is the third Memorial Day weekend that Justin has gone off with his friends on the ONW canoe trip - Lots of men, lots of cheap beer, canoes and paddles somewhere in Virginia. Thankfully I have good friends to keep me busy for these two day stretches that only happen once a year. But I still miss him.
Remember in Peter Pan when Peter's shadow goes missing and he feels a little lost without it? That's how I feel without Justin - that a part of me is off somewhere else and I'm a little less whole because of it. Mushy, I know.
For awhile, I've wanted to have some friends come over to craft and have fun. It hasn't worked out as well as I've hoped. People are really BUSY. But tonight Marni came over to cut some fabric and have a couple drinks. She was nice enough to let me ramble about life and look through old pictures with me while I picked some out for a new project I'm working on. She also rocked her first Tequila shot like a pro!
Our quilt still needs to be finished. Next week, Kori and I are going to get some more supplies and then I'm ready to finish the sewing part of it. I have some other good things ready to be crafted: a linen bread bag, a few skirts and maybe a summer blouse or two. We'll see what happens.
Tomorrow, Kori, Andrea, Chelsea and I head to the beach for good times on the sand and in the waves. Maybe we'll fly some kites, maybe we'll read some books, or maybe we'll just sit looking at the ocean and appreciating where we are in the moment. I'm looking forward to whatever the next couple days bring.
1 comment:
hahaha "like a pro"...sort of. thanks for having me over, i really had so much fun. i think we should keep it up, start making it a weekly or bi-weekly thing and see if we can get more people out!
ps, i still want the haircut inspiration pic. maybe i could scan it?
Post a Comment