One of the good things about these rainy days is that it helps me slow down, to take a deep breath and look around the house to see what needs to be done. It forces me to be happy while staying at home, whether it's from watching a movie, sewing, cleaning or something else. All that being said, I am very ready for the rain to be over! It's been almost a solid week of rainy-ness.
My rainy day project for today was a toss up between making an every day cake or making more laundry soap. I opted for the laundry soap. My friend Tandi shared a recipe and showed me how easy it is. Why do I make my own? Because I like it. I like that I know the ingredients in it and I like the ten minute process that it takes. I've used this stuff for a few months now and I like how my clothes turn out: clean but not too perfumey.
Here's the recipe:
1 C. grated laundry soap (2/3 bar of Fels-Naptha or 1/4 bar of Zote)
1/2 C. Borax
1/2 C. Arm and Hammer washing Soda
(all ingredients can be found in the laundry detergent aisle of the grocery store)
--> this will make 2 cups of detergent. you can make more if you want.
-Grate soap by hand or in a food processor
- Mix Borax and Washing Soda in
Optional: 10-15 drops of essential oils. I like a lavender/eucalyptus mix.
- Store in an air-tight container. I use a honey jar.
*Use 1-2 Tablespoons per load. It's a low-suds detergent.
3 comments:
oooh, make some to sell!!! this is so cool!
i can not wait to try this!! thanks for sharing!!
i'm excited for you to try it too! i'm also excited for your cleaning stuff to take off. would love to hear more about it.
Post a Comment