Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rainy Days with Rhubarb

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned how much I love my job. I get to take care of one of the greatest 2 year olds ever 3 days a week. At least 1 or 2 of those days is at my house.

And the other 4 days of the week? I'm off. At least, I don't have a job that makes money, nor do I get up and go somewhere. Instead I take a major part of the household economy. I get groceries that Justin can't get at the Reading Terminal, I clean a little bit and do our laundry. Sometimes I even cook dinner. I get to make the crappy phone calls to Comcast and do those other errands. But it's totally worth it. I love that I can contribute and don't need to work all the time.

And aside from household stuff, there are the bonus things. I'm going to start writing more poetry and set aside time each week for it. And I've already talked about sewing plenty.

Today was a day that I had Linnia at my house. We went to the Please Touch Museum, stopped at Whole Foods, ate lunch and took a nap. After L.'s nap, we made Rhubarb syrup for soda tonight. Linnia loves straight-up raw rhubarb! This is also the girl who eats pickles, tomatoes, onions and many other things that you might consider too crazy for a two-year old palate.

Rhubarb Soda


aprons are essential - fun and practical



Linnia eating Rhubarb

Boiling down the Rhubarb

The finished syrup



I also found an awesome pair of gardening gloves at Whole Foods that fit my hands. I can't wait to use them in the backyard!
Great gardening gloves, Batman!

No comments: